- 2kg Venison (chopped)
- 4 cups Anchor Extra Yield Cream
- 2 cup water
- 250gm kerisik
- 3 lime leaves
- 2 tumeric leaves finely sliced
- Chicken stock powder, salt and pepper to taste
For the paste :
- 140gm chili paste (Puteri Brand)
- 6 Bombay onion (medium size)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 4 inches fresh ginger
- 12 stems of lemon grass
- 3 inches Galangal
- 1 1/2 inch fresh tumeric
- 300gm pre-cooked sliced Shitake Mushroom
- 400gm pre-boiled diced potato
- 400gm pre-boiled diced carrot
- 50gm Anchor Unsalted Butter (to cook the rendang paste)
To assemble pie :
- 2 pkt prepared puff pastry
- 350gm Anchor Mozarella Shredded (120gm/casserole plate)
- 90gm Anchor Colby & Cheddar (30gm/casserole plate)
- 50gm Anchor Unsalted Butter (to brush the baked puff pastry pie)
- 3 x 30cm casserole plate
- Blend in the chili paste, bombay onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, galangal and fresh tumeric into a paste.
- Melt the Anchor Unsalted Butter & then pour the blended paste into a large pot together with cubed Venison Meat, Anchor Extra Yield Cream, water, kerisik and lime leaves.
- When the Venison meat is about to cook, place in all shitake mushroom, potato and carrot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat until Venison is cooked and tender
- Season with salt, pepper and chicken stock powder as required
- Jusr before turning off the heat, add ni slices of fresh tumeric. Set aside to cool down.
- To assemble the pie, place the puff pastry on the bottom of casserole plate
- Next place in the prepared venison pie filling & then sprinkle the cheese blend
- Then place 1 more layer of puff pastry to cover the top of the edge firmly with a fork.
- Baked the pie into preheated oven with a temperature of 220C for around 20 minutes or until nicely golden brown
- Brush the baked & hot puff pastry with Anchor Unsalted Butter